NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) is a national exam. It is conducted by the government for architecture students to compete against each other for seats in admission to undergraduate courses in Architecture. NATA Application Form for the year 2018 will be available for filling from January 2018.
- NATA 2018, (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) will be managed by COA.
- NATA Application Form needs to be filled by the candidates via online mode only.
- Application Fee for NATA 2018 is INR 1,250. It can be paid in online or offline modes.
- Before getting registered, it is important to go through NATA Eligibility Criteria defined by CoA (Council of Architecture). Candidates satisfying the criteria can then move on to fill the form.
- Candidates who have submitted the form can also avail the facility of making corrections in NATA Application Form by CoA.
The application process includes the following three steps:
- Filling the application form
- Uploading of images
- Payment of fees
Candidates are required to keep their original documents such as ID proof, educational qualification and photographs ready with them before filling the form. Candidates will be given a month time period to fill the application form. Any discrepancies in the application process can be rectified by following the guidelines provided in the brochure or by contacting the concerned authority.
NATA 2018 Important Information
Candidates must considerthe table given below in order to not to miss any important event related to NATA 2018 exam.
|NATA Application Form will be available from||January 2018 onwards|
|Official Website||nata.nic.in OR nata.in|
|Basic Eligibility||Class XII|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Documents Required||Passport size colored photo, LTI and signature|
|Application Fee||INR 1250|
|Mode of Fee Payment||Online and Offline|
|NATA Helpline Number||91-9073301301|
How to fill NATA Application Form?
Candidates must fill in all the fields that have a super scribed mark (*) on it. The application form will be available for filling online only. The application form will be interactive in nature. These fields are mandatory, if they are left unfilled then the form will not be submitted. The Application form is mailny categorized in 3 main steps, viz
- Filling Personal Details,
- Documents Uploading and
- Fee Payment
Step 1: Registration for NATA
Any NATA aspirant mustfirst get themselves registered. Here, the aspirant is required to provide the information like personal details, education background etc. The registration process is not the same for the new candidates and old candidates.
For New Candidates
Candidates who are applying for the first time have to follow the steps given below:
- Filling the Application Form
- Uploading of Image and
- Fee Payment
For Already Registered Candidates
Candidates who have already registered, have to fill in the Application No., Password, mention the security pin and then finally sign in.
Candidates can fill the application form for NATA in online mode by visiting NATA website i.e.www.nata.nic.in. Candidates have to register themselves by entering their email id, mobile number and creating a password for the exam in order to continue.
Step 2: Filling Personal Details
Here, a candidate is required to login using their registered email, password and provide the basic details in the marked fields of the application form. These details are majorly related to:
- Candidate’s personal details
- Course & Exam city options
- Qualifying examination information and
- Communication details.
After filling all the details, the candidate must review the entire form and ensure that there are no mistakes, before submitting it. Once the application is submitted, an application number of 7 digits will be generated. Candidate must note it down along with the password and security question and answer. Candidates will need them for subsequent logins.
Step 3: Documents Uploading
In this step, candidates are required to scan and upload their photograph as per specified format and sizes.
Candidates are required to upload the following document images:
- Recent colored Passport sized Photograph
- LTI (Left Thumb Impression)
- Candidate’s own signature
Candidates will first have to click on ‘Upload Image’ tab and then follow the procedure.
Once the details have been filled, applicants must save their details and proceed towards the fee payment option by clicking the purchase form button.
- Candidate should make sure that all documents are in jpg/jpeg format.
- Also, the LTI should be very clear neither fade nor submerged with ink.
- The page size of the documents should be in A4 format.
Step 4: Fee Payment for NATA Form
Payment of fee is the last step in the NATA Registration process. The application fee for NATA is INR 1,250. The payment can be madeeither through online mode or offline mode. The modes details are as follows-
Online Mode: It can be done through Net banking/credit card/debit card.
Offline mode: It can be done by generating a challan and depositing the payment in cash at any of the designated branches of the ICICI bank across the country.
The candidates must note that they are required to pay processing charges as indicated below:
- Domestic Debit Card – 0.75% of the NATA fee plus service tax as applicable.
- Domestic Credit Card- 1.25% of the NATA fee plus service tax as applicable.
- For international Debit/Credit card, the charges may apply as per the policy of the bank.
- Domestic Multiple Bank Net Banking Payment Gateway- 15 INR per transaction.
- Collection at any of the PAN India ICICI branches in cash (through challan)- INR 30 per transaction
The application fees once paid by the candidates for NATA 2018 is not refundable under any circumstances.
Note: For the candidates opting Dubai as their exam city are liable to pay an additional examination fee of INR 7,000 prior to issuance of admit card. Mode of payment of the additional examination fee would be notified in due course.
After successful payment, candidate will be able to print the “Confirmation Page”.
Step 5: Downloading of Confirmation Page
Downloading the confirmation page is the last step of the registration process. Here, the candidates can download the prefilled registration form after they have successfully paid the application fee and take it to the nearest activated centers as prescribed by NATA. The candidate will then be given an appointment voucher for the examination by the center, based upon the availability and the schedule at the center.
Note:Candidates should note that appointment once scheduled cannot be rescheduled or cancelled.